Why should you join our Team?
We’re committed to building a culture of teamwork, one where employees know they belong and feel like they are valued for their contributions. We are a diverse community that supports each other, shares knowledge to enhance fellow team member’s growth, and recognizes the hard work and dedication it takes to be an accountable team member.
Being part of our authentic team will enable you to enjoy a rewarding and resourceful culture that is united in our passion to provide meaningful care to others.
You will have the opportunity to work a probationary period with us, if you maintain good employment you will be able to be signed up to have CNA classes and become certified!
What you can expect as part of our Team:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a clean, warm, inviting environment by:
- Create an atmosphere of warmth and welcome in assigned unit
- Perform light housekeeping duties such as cleaning tables, chairs, wheelchairs, sweeping floors etc…
- Take the initiative to initiate conversations with residents, visitors, and staff
- Perform scheduled and spontaneous activities with residents in the neighborhood or in the facility as assigned
- Remain observant and anticipate resident needs while performing unit tasks
- Keep any institutional equipment clean and stored appropriately
- Maintain a safe, clutter free environment
- Communicates resident preferences to interdisciplinary team
- Assist with inventory and storage of neighborhood food items
- Assist in food service in the neighborhood when assigned
- Participate in QAPI as assigned
- Participate in Culture Change as assigned
- Assists with care for the residents by:
- Assist residents with personal belongings
- Make beds according to infection control policies
- Assist resident with light housekeeping in resident’s personal space to maintain a homelike environment
- Serve meals per the resident’s individualized care plan
- Assist resident’s with eating after successful completion of the Feeding Assistant Program
- Maintain resident dignity and confidentiality
- Provide drinks and snacks per resident’s individualized care plan
- Operate elevator to take residents to and from the main dining room, activities, therapy gym, religious services and appointments in the facility
- Report any activities, observations, or unusual findings regarding residents promptly to the licensed nurse
- Follow safety and infection control policies and protect residents from injury
- Follow applicable departmental and facility policies
- Follow state and federal regulations as required
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled in-service/educational programs
- Maintain a clean, tidy appearance per the ESNR Handbook
- Complete all necessary record keeping/documentation
What’s needed to join our Team:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED
Why you’ll Enjoy being part of our Team:
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package for full time including: Family health insurance, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
Please contact Christine Giuliani at(570) 344-6177 ×1110 if you have any questions.
Applications accepted online or in person 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday at:
Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab ( Jewish Home of Eastern PA)
1101 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18510
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||Employment, Nursing|