7a-3:30pm or 3pm-11:30pm LPN
Up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus Available; Tuition Loan Repayment Available!
Why should you join our Team?
We’re committed to building a culture of teamwork, one where employees know they belong and feel like they are valued for their contributions. We are a diverse community that supports each other, shares knowledge to enhance fellow team member’s growth, and recognizes the hard work and dedication it takes to be an accountable team member.
Being part of our authentic team will enable you to enjoy a rewarding and resourceful culture that is united in our passion to provide meaningful care to others.
What you can expect as part of our Team:
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Supervises the delivery of nursing care given to residents by unlicensed nursing staff.
2. Functions as a role model for the nursing staff on the unit.
3. Provides staff education as needed to ensure quality nursing care.
4. Prepares and coordinates staff assignments.
5. Reviews resident care needs with assigned staff.
6. Provides counseling to staff as needed.
7. Delivers care to residents by:
a. Administering and evaluating the effect of medications.
b. Administering and evaluating the effect of treatments.
c. Delivering direct resident care following the Resident’s Individualized Care Plan. This includes, but is not limited to: assisting with meals, bathing, personal hygiene, oral hygiene, incontinence care, toileting, positioning, transferring, splint application, etc.
d. Assessing residents as indicated by their status in accordance with facility procedures and standards of nursing practice.
e. Documenting care delivered and assessments according to facility procedures.
f. Making rounds on a regular basis to observe and monitor care being rendered.
g. Assisting with physician rounds as needed.
h. Ordering supplies, medications, and equipment as per facility policies and procedures.
8. Communicates with the Registered Nurse in charge, the resident’s health care team members, and the Resident’s Representative to seek guidance when:
The resident’s care exceeds the licensed practical nurses scope of practice.
The resident’s care needs surpass the LPN’s knowledge, skill, or ability.
There is a significant change in condition (i.e. improves or deteriorates).
The resident is not responding to therapy.
The resident becomes unstable or needs immediate assistance.
9. Accepts written and verbal orders given via telephone for medications and therapeutic treatment from an authorized practitioner in accordance with facility policy.
10. Questions any order that is perceived as unsafe or contraindicated for the resident or which is not clear and shall raise the issue with the ordering practitioner or the Registered Nurse in charge if the ordering practitioner is not available.
11. Transcribes orders to the resident’s medical record per facility policy.
12. Initiates and maintains IV therapy under the direction of a licensed professional nurse upon successful completion of a State approved IV education program.
13. Seeks instruction and supervision when implementing new or unfamiliar nursing practices or procedures.
14. Assists in orientation of new staff.
15. Attends meetings as assigned.
16. Participates in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
17. Adheres to facility policies & procedures.
18. Understands and adheres to 49 Pa. Code § 21.148 Standards of nursing conduct.
19. Understands and complies with 49 Pa. Code § 21.145 Functions of the LPN.
20. Understands and complies with State and Federal regulations for care of residents in nursing facilities.
What’s needed to join our Team:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
PA State LPN or GPN License
Must maintain current Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Support (BCLS).
Why you’ll Enjoy being part of our Team:
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package including: Family health insurance, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
Must be available to rotate on weekends for full time and part time staff- 1 weekend a month required for PRN staff.
Please contact Christine Giuliani at(570) 344-6177 ×1110 if you have any questions.
Applications accepted online or in person 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday at:
Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab ( Jewish Home of Eastern PA)
1101 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18510
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PRN
Salary: $25.00 – $34.50 per hour
|Job Category||Employment, Nursing|