3-11 RN Supervisor
Up to: $20,000 Sign on Bonus
Why should you join our Team?
We’re committed to building a culture of teamwork, one where employees know they belong and feel like they are valued for their contributions. We are a diverse community that supports each other, shares knowledge to enhance fellow team member’s growth, and recognizes the hard work and dedication it takes to be an accountable team member.
Being part of our authentic team will enable you to enjoy a rewarding and resourceful culture that is united in our passion to provide meaningful care to others.
What you can expect as part of our Team:
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Supervises and coordinates the delivery of quality nursing care and treatments by nursing staff to ensure that care is carried out as directed, that treatment is administered in accordance with physician’s instructions, and that facility policy and procedures are maintained.
2. Reviews nursing assignments for the shift and adjusts as needed. Assists with scheduling as needed.
3. Makes rounds on a regular basis observing nursing care and visiting residents to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed, and to determine the residents’ state of health and any particular needs they may have.
4. Documents assessments and any significant changes in the residents’ condition and communicates information to the physicians. Ensures that other nursing staff members, team members and families receive communication on these changes.
5. Notifies physician of changes in a resident’s medical condition and ensures appropriate follow through on physician’s orders.
6. Assists the In-service Coordinator in planning and organizing orientation and in-service training for unit staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
7. Responsible for assisting in the orienting of licensed professional and non professional personnel to the Nursing Department, to acquaint them with functions of the Jewish Home, their job description/responsibilities and all Jewish Home policies and procedures and standards of the governing bodies.
8. Manages and controls departmental resources keeping within budget guidelines.
9. Supervises private duty personnel in accordance with facility policies.
10. Responsible for promoting good inter-personal working relationships among nursing staff and all other staff members.
11. Attends meetings as assigned.
12. Acts as a liaison with the pharmacy and is responsible for monitoring medication errors.
13. Assumes the role of charge nurse on a nursing unit on an as needed basis.
14. Coordinates all resident appointments through the transportation coordinator.
What’s needed to join our Team:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Registered Nurse with at least three to five years experience, preferably in Gerontology
Must maintain current Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Support (BCLS).
Why you’ll Enjoy being part of our Team:
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package including: Family health insurance, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
Must be available to rotate on weekends for supervision.
Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus available for full time
Please contact Christine Giuliani at(570) 344-6177 ×1110 if you have any questions.
Applications accepted online or in person 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday at:
Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab ( Jewish Home of Eastern PA)
1101 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18510
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||Employment, Nursing|