Why should you join our Team?
We’re committed to building a culture of teamwork, one where employees know they belong and feel like they are valued for their contributions. We are a diverse community that supports each other, shares knowledge to enhance fellow team member’s growth, and recognizes the hard work and dedication it takes to be an accountable team member.
Being part of our authentic team will enable you to enjoy a rewarding and resourceful culture that is united in our passion to provide meaningful care to others.
What you can expect as part of our Team:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Carry out specialized programs and assist with planning individualized spiritual and therapeutic person centered life enrichment programs.
- Plan and attend outings with residents outside of the facility.
- Individual resident visits as required; conducting conversational, sensory stimulation and task oriented activities; providing personalized approaches to life enrichment programming.
- Oversee and assist with training volunteers assigned to Life Enrichment department.
- Report any activities, observations, or unusual findings regarding residents promptly to the licensed nurses or unit manager.
- Assess, plan, implement life enrichment programs for skilled, memory care and rehab patients.
- Follow established infection control procedures including cleaning equipment after use and adhering to handwashing procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in scheduled in-service programs, departmental and committee meetings as assigned. Complete Relias training as assigned.
- Complete all necessary record keeping/documentation such as attendance, food and fluid intake sheets, sensory stimulation in Care tracker.
- Follow applicable departmental and facility policies.
- Follow state and federal regulations as required.
- Consult with Life Enrichment Director concerning improvements in neighborhood programming.
- Communicates resident preferences to Life Enrichment Director and implement resident preferences related to Life Enrichment programs and communicates preferences to Life Enrichment staff.
- Maintain a safe, clutter free environment.
- Complete assessments, progress notes and MDS related documentation for residents on the specific unit as part of an Interdisciplinary Team Meeting.
- Complete admission assessments with resident and families.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, designated committee meetings and Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as scheduled.
- Attend QLR as assigned.
- Coordinate with Life Enrichment Director specific programs for the neighborhood based on residents assessed needs.
- Assure that residents’ wall/door signs are up-to-date (including correct bed location)
- Maintain adequate activity supplies on the neighborhood for residents who prefer activities in area of comfort such as own room.
- Maintain appropriate decorations.
- Complete memory boxes for residents located on the 3rd
- Assist with feeding/MDR as assigned.
What’s needed to join our Team:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum – High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with previous recreation experience in a health care setting.
Preferred – Bachelors’ degree in recreation or related field.
Why you’ll Enjoy being part of our Team:
Competitive wages and excellent benefits package for full time including: Family health insurance, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance available.
Please contact Christine Giuliani at(570) 344-6177 ×1110 if you have any questions.
Applications accepted online or in person 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday at:
Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab ( Jewish Home of Eastern PA)
1101 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18510