Dietary Aide Part Time
Why should you join our Team?
We’re committed to building a culture of teamwork, one where employees know they belong and feel like they are valued for their contributions. We are a diverse community that supports each other, shares knowledge to enhance fellow team member’s growth, and recognizes the hard work and dedication it takes to be an accountable team member.
Being part of our authentic team will enable you to enjoy a rewarding and resourceful culture that is united in our passion to provide meaningful care to others.
What you can expect as part of our Team:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves residents in dining room appropriate meals by:
a. Utilizing Selective Menu sheets as a guide to a residents dietary restrictions and preferences.
b. Refers to posted production sheets for menu items to be served to special diets.
2. Takes food carts to and from nursing units.
3. Serves meals to residents dining on nursing units through specific position on tray line.
4. Assembles Kosher Meals on Wheels.
5. Stores food and non-food supplies in a sanitary manner by:
a. Maintains all storage areas in a neat and organized manner.
b. Proper utilization of a cover, label, and date.
6. Breakdown and reset of dining room following proper procedures.
7. Performs assigned cleaning duties by:
a. Following the posted schedule.
b. Follows appropriate cleaning procedures as directed by supervisor.
c. Cleans and washes all dishes, pots and silverware according to appropriate sanitary guidelines.
d. Cleans and sanitizes food carts after they are retrived from nursing units.
8. Fills nourishment requisitions.
9. Assists in food preparation by:
a. Preparing all raw vegetables and fruits.
b. Some baking of cookies and other baked products
c. Assists in the preparation and service of special functions.
What’s needed to join our Team:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required
Please contact Christine Giuliani at(570) 344-6177 ×1110 if you have any questions.
Applications accepted online or in person 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday at:
Elan Skilled Nursing and Rehab ( Jewish Home of Eastern PA)
1101 Vine Street
Scranton, PA 18510