Visitors are asked to please respect our policies and our front line staff who have sacrificed much and have worked hard throughout this pandemic to better serve our residents.
Because we take our responsibility for your loved one’s safety and well-being very seriously, we ask for your cooperation during visitation.
Our up to date visitation guidelines are posted on our website at jhep.org in the COVID section. To schedule a visit please email Gayle MacDonald at email@example.com or call her at 570-344-6177 ext. 1103. Gayle is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. We do ask for visits to be scheduled one day in advance. Please schedule visits occurring on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, no later than the Friday before at 1 p.m. so schedules can be provided to reception staff.
Please note that we will reinforce expectations on visitors when entering our building.
- Screening of all who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 to include:
- Temperature checks,
- Questions about and observations about signs or symptoms
- Recent exposure to COVID-19
- Denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days (regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status)
- Practice hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred)
- Wear well-fitting face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose) at all times in our building or outside on the patio.
- Practice Social distancing at least six feet between persons during all visitation and with other residents and staff members
Limit visitation to only your loved one in their room or in a neutral zone on our first floor or outside patio.
Your cooperation and partnership in maintaining a safe environment for you, your loved one and our staff is appreciated. Visitors that are not able to adhere to the infection control requirements during visitation will be requested to leave.
We are also thankful that a great percentage of our residents, their families and our staff have received the vaccine. COVID boosters and flu shots are recommended as well for your safety and your loved ones. We are working with our pharmacy partners to administer the Pfizer booster shots to the residents who have consents for the vaccination, please send in or bring in your consents for the booster vaccination. The vaccines are ordered on Monday and delivered on Thursday with administration that day.
As of October 14, 2021, our vaccination rate for our active residents is 94% and staff is 95.4%, for a total of 95% of our facility fully vaccinated. We have seven (7) additional staff who have already received their first series of the vaccine that are not included in our completion stats.
Our non-vaccinated staff were last tested for COVID 19 on Monday October 11, 2021, and all were negative. We are awaiting the results of the second weekly test for this group which was taken on Thursday October 14, 2021.
We are following guidance from (CDC), Department of Health (DOH) and CMS as well as the latest COVID-19 infection control guidance with relation to its impact on our residents and visitors. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with our masking and social distancing protocols for our facility. Our utmost priority is to protect the residents and staff and their families.
Our Facility’s Resident Impact (Since March 30, 2020, through October 14, 2021)
0 – Residents currently in our building with a confirmed active case of COVID 19
57 – CONFIRMED: Residents with laboratory positive COVID-19
0 – SUSPECTED: Residents with new suspected COVID-19
54 – Confirmed Staff Total: with a positive COVID-19
- Please note that test results are reported on our daily call-in line at 570-207-6711. Family members and all others impacted by the virus will be contacted directly and provided with results and updates.
Face Time calls: We are transitioning the contact to schedule Face Time calls for residents in our yellow zones from Sherri Collins to Samantha DePaul in Life Enrichment. Samantha can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, we appreciate that you entrust us with the care of your loved ones. We take very seriously our responsibility for your loved one’s safety and well-being. If you have any questions, we are always available for you. Thank you again.
Mary Rose Applegate, MBA, RD, NHA