We have made advances in our collective battle against COVID-19. After a steady decline there have been some increases in cases recently. Lackawanna County has increased back to red this week with a positivity rate of 10.3%. We will be starting twice-a-week testing of staff again April 12, 2021. Our test days are Mondays and Thursdays. Therefore, we have to remain diligent in vaccinations, surface cleaning, hand hygiene, and social distancing.
Recent changes to our visitations times and scheduling have been going well. A list of our visitation protocols is posted on our website at https://jhep.org in the COVID-19 section. To schedule a visit please email Mary Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 570-344-6177 ext. 1104. Mary is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Visitors are asked to comply with our infection control protocols to maintain their safety and the safety of their loved ones and staff:
- Eye protection in resident care areas
- Masking is required
- Social distancing – please keep 6 feet distance during visits.
- Hand Hygiene
- Visits are limited to a loved one in the designated area
- As the visits are being held in neutral areas on our first floor, for infection control and in respect of our Kosher dietary observance, we ask that you not bring meals/food in to consume with your family member during the visits. Food items/meals can be left and the reception desk and will be provided to the resident in their rooms.
Our staff testing completed this past week returned all negative results. All of our zones remain green except for our designated 4th floor yellow zone for returning and newly admitted residents.
Our Facility’s Resident Impact (Since March 30, 2020, through April 8, 2021)
0 – Residents currently in our building with a confirmed active case of COVID 19
56 – CONFIRMED: Residents with laboratory positive COVID-19
0 – SUSPECTED: Residents with new suspected COVID-19
52 – Confirmed Staff Total: with a positive COVID-19
- Please note that test results are reported on our daily call-in line at 570-207-6711. Family members and all others impacted by the virus will be contacted directly and provided with results and updates.
Vaccine News: We are able to coordinate small vaccine clinic’s moving forward in conjuction with our pharmacy using the Johnson and Johnson single dose vaccine. When we have a group of five new residents or staff signed up we are able to schedule a date for this in house clinic. This week we were able to provide the vaccine to a new resident as well as staff who elected to sign on. We are very pleased to report our vaccination rate for our active resident group is as of this week is 92%. Our staff group is at 84%, for an overall facility total of 87%.
Life Enrichment News: Our residents enjoyed some socially distanced larger group activities of their unit this week spread out in our main dining room. The bingo game was intense and I really believe inspired some competition between resident units!! Watch for some social media posts.
Thank you again for entrusting us with the care of your loved ones. If you have any questions, we are always available for you.
Mary Rose Applegate, MBA, RD, NHA